- Equity: You can't build equity in an apartment or rental property. ~In your own home you CAN.
- Tax Deduction: Your rent payment is not tax deductible. ~The interest portion of your mortgage payment could be tax deductible.*
- Privacy: Your apartment, shares the walls, ceiling and/or floor. ~In a single family home, you have privacy.
- Fixed Payment: Your rent almost always increases when your lease is renewed. ~With a fixed-rate mortgage, the principal & interest payments never go up.
- Pride: An apartment can feel only like a place to stay. ~Owning your own home give you pride of ownership.
*Consult your tax adviser
These advantages shared by: